Friday, February 17, 2012

Escapades of the week

Things I've been up to this week:

1. Trying to find EITHER a cat (meowing) or a frog (ribbiting) ringtone for my phone. You'd be surprised at how scarce they are in the app store. I'd really be happy with either one. In any case, until that happens, my ringtone will remain a quacking duck.

2. Studying for my geology test. I can't even pretend to be interested in that.Well, some of it is interesting. But a lot of it isn't. It's more interesting than the books I have to read for my Colonial Literature class.

3. I also listened to the Eroica symphony for the first time-- AMAZING. It's a very cool symphony-- very "Grand," and I can definitely hear the "heroic" aspect of it (hence, the name). For music nerds, it reminded me a bit of Schubert's "Great" Ninth Symphony in C major. It kind of had the same "epic" feel to it. (if you haven't listened to it before, definitely give it a shot-- it has a very long intro, but it's a stunning piece) My favorite part of the Eroica symphony so far is about halfway through the second movement; it's slow and stately, but also incredibly powerful, and has an amazing crescendo.

4. What else. Oh, I've been watching a lot of Chopped. There was this delightful episode on yesterday where the ingredients were quail eggs, hamachi, and dried cherries. I swear, I wanted to eat every appetizer they made. I googled whether or not restaurant critics have to pay for their food, just to sort of look into a new career option, but unfortunately, even critics have to pay. Oh well. It was a beautiful dream during its five minute lifespan.

Oh, for picture of the day, I absolutely refuse to post that meme with all those pictures ("how my mom sees me," "how my friends see me"). It's ridiculous. I do NOT see writers as looking like Joseph Fiennes from Shakespeare in Love. I do not see science majors as wearing a white labcoat and being in a room filled with beakers and vials of multi-colored liquid that's faintly glowing. That's stupid. Occasionally I see a kernal of truth in one or two of the pictures. Mostly, it's just self-flattering. ANYWAY. That is not something that merits a legitimate rant.

1 comment:

  1. You've been a lot better about updating yours than I have :P

    ReplyDelete