Monday, January 24, 2011

Sandwiches!

It's been a while since my last post...I've been busy with the plunge back into school, seeing friends again, finding out which professors I need to be terrified of, etc. Oh, and with the new reading-intense class I'm taking (contemporary literature), I've decided to start a blog on books that I've read: Maer Parma, more for my own benefit than anyone else's. If I feel forced to write a review of every book I read, then I'll be more likely to finish on time.

Anyway, here at Trinity, we have a sandwich line. My favorite sandwiches are BLTs on cheddar bread. I also like a wrap that my suitemate Victoria got once-- chicken, bacon, and feta, toasted, and then with cucumber slices, tomato slices, spinach leaves, bell peppers, and pesto mayo, all on flatbread. It's very good!

So recently, I've been running out of ideas and I'm looking for new sandwich ideas. I've often asked people about this, but I would like a place where they're all written down. I want anyone to comment on this, even if I don't know them that well! Here is a pretty complete list of everything we can get in the sandwich line:

Breads:
Cheddar bread
French bread
Parmesan bread
Spinach wrap
Tomato wrap
Flatbread
Wheat bread (honey wheat, or whole wheat)
White bread
Rosemary bread
Croissant
Focaccia
Ciabatta 
Pita

Cheeses:
Cheddar
Parmesan
Swiss
Provolone
Mixed shredded cheese
Feta
Gouda
Mozzarella
Pepper Jack

Meat:
Roast beef (sliced)
Corned beef (sliced)
Ham (sliced)
Turkey (sliced)
Chicken
Bacon

Toastable spreads/other stuff:
Humus
Butter
Chicken salad
Tuna

Other things (these have to be put on after the bread/cheese/meat is toasted)
Diced bell peppers
Spinach leaves
Lettuce leaves (iceberg)
Lettuce leaves (romaine) 
Tomato slices
Cucumber slices
Sprouts
Cranberries
Onions
Pickles
Corn
Black Beans

Dressings:
Ranch
Honey Mustard
Mayo (pesto, regular)
Mustard (French, Dijon)
Oil
Vinegar (balsamic, regular, red wine, etc)
Caesar
They pretty much have whatever dressing you can think of. 

Also, everything above "other things" can be toasted; everything else has to be added on after the meat, bread, and cheese are all toasted.  What kind of sandwich would you make??

8 comments:

  1. Ok...i have one hidden option and one normal option.

    Hidden Option: Chicken Tenders, bacon, and shredded cheddar on either flatbread or a wrap, toasted. add ranch, spinach, and tomatoes...yum!

    Normal Option: Roast Chicken on either cheddar bread or parmesan bread, with corresponding cheese, toasted. Add either pesto mayo or garlic parmesan mayo, sprouts, tomatoes, and optional spinach leaves. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like ciabatta, turkey, provolone--toasted, with mayonnaise, lettuce, and tomato. I'm boring like that :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. also....... Croissant with tuna and provolone or swiss, toasted. Add spinach and/or sprouts, a little extra mayo, and tomatoes. (optional onions)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are two sandwiches that I eat CONSTANTLY at home....

    Option 1: The strongest cheddar I can find (extra, extra mature), with dry-cured, thickly sliced, smoked ham, sweet pickle and a good layer of English mustard. On farmhouse white bread, toasted.

    Option 2: After I have roasted a chicken the night before, I take a couple of thin slices of grain and seed bread, put a few thin slices of roast chicken breast, then add any leftover bread sauce (I ADORE bread sauce), some mango chutney, crisp lettuce and mayonnaise.

    The second option, I will admit, is a tad weird - but scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like serial eating, meaning I'll have the same sandwich every day until I get bored. Then I'll switch to a new combination. For today (and possibly many days to follow), I'd choose foccacia, mozzarella, tomato, cucumber, sprouts, red bell pepper (If it's green,never mind.), and are there any kalamata olives? Dressing? A thin trickle of olive oil. And when I move on to my next series, it will involve turkey and cranberries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's my recipe idea:

    Pita bread, chicken, hummus, feta, spinach leaves, onions, oil and basalmic vinegar. If you could find some sundried tomatoes to add to the mix,I think that would make it super tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's my favorite:

    Spinach wrap (or whole wheat) w/ Turkey and Swiss, toasted. Add spinach and/or lettuce (your choice), tomato, banana peppers, pickles, and pesto (or mustard).

    YUMMM

    Also, I've recently started getting a really simple Tunas on Honey Wheat with tomato and spinach. Pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! BLT's on cheddar bread sounds delicious...I will definitely try that!
    My favorites are:
    1) turkey, tomato, spinach, feta, in a pita with balsamic or hummus
    2) turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato, melted swiss
    3) tuna with tomato and melted cheddar on a bagel...

    ReplyDelete