Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Hello, world!

So it has taken me over a month, but I am FINALLY starting to settle in to my new home. Yes, I have a new home-- I'm currently living in my first apartment! Here are some things I have done since I last posted:

1. Graduated
2. Made the Dean's List at Trinity (yes, despite having graduated, I'm still excited about that)
3. Entered into Trinity's MAT program, which is a year-long graduate program during which I will be studying to get a Master's degree in teaching (it starts in fourteen days!!)
4. Picked up a part-time job for the summer and during the school year
5. And, most importantly, gotten a kitten!!!!!!!!!

So I wanted to write a post to say hello, and also because I want to start this blog thing up again, now that I have some time (and internet). And, because I've had a strange desire to write recently, although I haven't really come up with any topics that I feel really passionate about. However, I've decided that the only way to get started again is to just sit down and write about something. (even if, as I'm seeing after writing this post, there are more pictures here than words)

So. This will be a post about Lydia.

Lydia is a character in Skyrim.

"I am sworn to carry your burdens."

She follows you around throughout the game until you send her away, or she dies. The latter is actually kind of frequent, because she tends to get in your way when you're doing other things-- often fighting other bad guys-- and in Skyrim, getting in the way in a battle can be fatal. She also gives you a lot of attitude throughout the game. I like her, though, and in any case, she's pretty memorable.


Lydia is also my cat.



She is six months old and still in the process of growing up. But hasn't gotten there yet. She is pretty awkward at times. She likes people. Even more, she likes people food. She makes "chattering" noises a lot, and often squeaks regularly while running around the house (which she does often). She can fetch, but she only likes fetching balls of paper and toothbrushes. She is also pretty memorable (to me, anyway-- mostly because she lives with me, but also because she fetches toothbrushes).

Sometimes, if I'm not paying attention to her, she'll give me furtive looks.




Other times, she'll try to vaporize me.



She is very, very sneaky.



When I'm watching tv on my laptop, she tries to sabotage my tv-watching experience. This does not always end well.






My roommate and I have bought her a bunch of toys, but her favorites are always the ones that are not for her. Hence, the box:


The toothbrush (don't worry-- I bought a new toothbrush for myself, so now this is her toy):



And the rolled-up ball of paper:





I'm pretty sure I got the weirdest cat in the store when I got Lydia, and I'm so happy that I did. :)





1 comment:

  1. How sweet! She is adorable! My kitties don't like to let me use the laptop in peace either - they insist upon attacking the power cord. I hope they just think it's a giant snake, and are trying to protect their mommy =)

    ReplyDelete