Monday, September 24, 2012

Seven Ways to Procrastinate

There are two things inspiring this week's post.


  • I found myself browsing Imgur last night, and after reaching pictures I'd already seen, I was trying to think of other websites to waste my time on, and was horrified when I couldn't come up with anything. Facebook was too boring, and...well, what else is there? I don't have a pintrest account. I wasn't sure what to browse on youtube (no matter what cat video you send me, I promise I've already seen it). 
  •  I had no idea what to write about today, but I knew I wanted to write something, so I googled "blog ideas," and this one list came up that included a "Seven ways to..." kind of post. I'm not really sure what I'm an authority on. Really not much. But I'm a fantastic procrastinator, and goddammit, I'm going to write about it.
Seven Ways to Procrastinate
  1. Write a blog post. I almost wrote a post on how I've completed all of my homework up to this point, but I couldn't stop laughing long enough to get any words out. 
    GIFSoup
  2. Play a video game. This is an obvious one. Don't have a console? No problem. That's what sites like www.vizzed.com and www.addictinggames.com are for. Also, this game. It's pretty cool. 
  3. Read a book, knit/crochet, color a coloring book. You can tell yourself you're being productive if you do this one, because of course reading isn't a waste of time! It's good to read! And knitting/crocheting is productive because you're making something. And let's be honest, who doesn't like to color? If you raise your hand, you haven't colored in too long. Or maybe you haven't bought the coloring book that's right for you. In any case, this is kind of the Overachiever Procrastinator trophy requirement. I'll be honest; I kind of look down on people who claim to procrastinate when they're actually doing something semi-productive. Lame.
  4. Find a sudden tv show addiction. I myself have recently become invested in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  This is one of those things that gives you the illusion that you're being productive, because you're making your way through a season (or a series, in my case) of something you haven't seen before. That's always a nice illusion. 
  5. Start doing your work around your friends. One of my favorite places to do homework is in the music lounge on campus, because that's where all the fun music students go to socialize. If you get more than a page of anything written/read/accomplished, I will give you permission to name my first cat. 
  6. While typing papers, keep a stream of youtube videos open on your laptop. Make sure that you constantly have something playing, preferably with words.  It's really helps.
  7. Okay I'm getting bored, so I'll get to this one later. 

Since apparently I've been posting music videos more and more frequently with my posts, I'll keep to that tradition (because I like it), and post one for today. This one was a recommendation from my lovely sister. Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment