Thursday, March 29, 2012

Yale and cake

It seems as though I've let this blog slip away from me yet again. I'm going to be away for a large portion of this weekend, so I will force myself to write something now, no matter what it's about. Here goes:

First, I would like to congratulate my little sister on getting accepted to Yale University. That is such a major accomplishment, and she has worked so hard for this. I genuinely don't know anybody who is more versatile than she is-- she is an amazing artist, a great basketball player, and very talented at any subject she wants to tackle in school. Here is one of the drawings from her portfolio:

You can clearly see why her acceptance letter  wasn't too much of a surprise :)



On a very unrelated note I've also began watching this show on the Food Network called Sweet Genius. It's kind of a stupid show-- overly dramatic, no wildly impressive dessert creations, and the contestants are always ridiculously obnoxious. It seems like there has to be at least one person per episode with an accent that's so heavy that they have to have subtitles on the bottom. The judge (Ron Ben-Israel) also seems to favor all the French people. One of the current contestants is something of a hipster, and keeps making all of these "deep" comments, which I find absolutely hysterical. I'm currently watching a French contestant with a heavy accent make a traditional French cake for the judge, who is also French. Nice.

Anyway, the point is that all the desserts, no matter how good or bad the contestants are, look absolutely delicious. On a related note, my birthday is coming up (well, in two months, but whatever), and I've been thinking about what my ideal kind of cake would be. Not for my birthday, but just in general (birthdays make me think about cake).

I discovered a Minas Tirith cake recently:

Is it ethical to eat the White Tree of Gondor? 

Btw, If you're a LOTR fan or a bibliophile, you should visit my favorite forum, theonering.net. You will not find a more wonderful and and open-minded online community.

And a tangela cake:
Not my favorite Pokemon, but any Pokemon in cake form is more than acceptable
And a butterfly cake:
Prettyyyyyyyyy

As the judge just said on Sweet Genius: "I cannot wait anymore. I must 'ave my cake."

No comments:

Post a Comment