Friday, August 5, 2011

Why my favorite color is green

So I thought I would try this blog out with the new layout today, and see how it works. For all 2 people who read my blog, could I get feedback on the new look?

Because there is absolutely no point to this post whatsoever, I'm going to post lots of pictures and write sparingly. In memory of the look my blog used to have, I thought I would write about why my favorite color is green. First off, it's a lovely color that you can see all over the place:


Because of this, I can usually find the color green pretty quickly, if I ever am feeling sad and really needing to see my favorite color. 


Look, see, even in Houston you can find the color green pretty quickly when necessary.



Emeralds are my favorite gems-- I later realized that emerald is actually my birthstone.
*fighting urge to put hipster kitty here*....I liked emeralds before they were my birthstone


Frogs, which happen to be the greatest animals of all time (koalas aren't animals, they're love and cuteness in animal form) are green:
Come on, tell me you didn't smile when you looked at him. No? *hands glasses to reader*

Kermit the Frog is green, too. One of my favorite-ever Christmas presents has involved this excellent book, in which Kermit the Frog sings about why it's a good thing to be green:
You see frogs are green, and I'm a frog/And that means I'm green, you see

So those are some reasons that green is my favorite color. The end.

But green's the color of spring
And green can be cool and friendly-like
And green can be big like a mountain
Or important like a river
Or tall like a tree
....
It's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
-Kermit the Frog

1 comment:

  1. I love the new layout more than the old one. It's quite lovely. But green is indeed a great color, and emerald is obviously the best birthstone. I'm quite fond of lime green and kelly green and army green myself.

    ReplyDelete