Friday, June 10, 2011

Ceci n'est pas une pipe; c'est un gateau

So I had this dream last night where I was going to take a Shakespeare course in the fall, as well as piano, both taught by the same professor. I had not had this professor before, but I talked to her a few times about my courses, and I thought we would get along very well. She taught a summer course on Shakespeare, too, which was how I was able to meet her, since I work at Trinity. (it was a very elaborate dream) At the end of every course she taught, she had this "Shakespeare party" in which everybody would come to class and she would bring food and cake and we would watch films of Shakepeare plays. She told me about it, and apparently several of my friends were in her class over the summer, so I thought I would drop by during the party and get some cake and talk to people. We'll call this professor Dr. T.

(n.b., if I know these professors in real life, I didn't remember it in the dream, nor did I remember it when I woke up. So I'm just giving them random initials, but don't read into them or anything)

Well, in this dream, I was taking another course over the summer about Shakespeare from another professor (Dr. D), and when I went to the party, she was there as well. I was talking to a dear friend who is a Shakespearephile and was taking this Shakespeare course from Dr. T over the summer at Trinity, and Dr. D suddenly stood up and said very coldly, "Were you invited to this party, Emily?" I shook my head no, and she said, "Did you even let Dr. T know that you were coming?"
"Yes," I said, "I sent an email last Friday. I thought she was okay with it." Down at the other end of the table, Dr. T nodded.
"Get out." Dr. D replied calmly. She pointed to the door. "Now. Out."

So I left the Shakespeare party, and my dream sort of turned into this thing where I was Maria from The Sound of Music.


However, I digress. The point is, I sadly left the Shakespeare party, and I didn't get any cake.

I read this other blog recently that had lots of blogging ideas, and one of them was to write down all of your dreams and analyze them. That would get kind of boring for this blog, because I don't really dream that often. But I thought that maybe since this dream was so vivid, I should analyze it. So here's what I came up with:

1. There was a pink cake in the dream. Pink means girls, so I came to the conclusion that I am a girl.
2. I also came to the conclusion that I really want cake, because the cake looked so delicious in the dream.
3. I learned that I am an English major. This is because the dream was centered around Shakespeare parties, and lots of English majors read Shakespeare.
4. I think I also has some sort of prophetic ability, because today at work, I learned of a party that I'm supposed to go to, which is for the University Communications office. University Communications = TU press = writing = English major. Clearly the two parties are related. I will be most pleasantly surprised if there is pink cake at the party this evening.

Let me know if any of you guys want your dream analyzed. I may start charging, but the first couple of weeks will be free.

Also, I will edit pictures for a small fee if anybody needs that, either.

1 comment:

  1. The public asks, was there a cake, or not-a-cake?

    ReplyDelete